IT Audit Specialist
SoftConstruct is looking for an IT Audit Specialist.
In this strategic role, you will have the opportunity to assess technology risk across the company, provide advice and enable bold outcomes. You will devise audit strategies to provide assurance and improve processes. As an IT Audit specialist, you will be responsible for providing continual oversight over an efficient and effective internal control testing framework. The ideal candidate will bring a solution-oriented mindset and risk-based approach to identifying, evaluating, and addressing critical technology risks.
- Developing the technology audit plan and schedule using a risk-based approach, creating a pipeline of projects related to operational compliance
- and regulatory compliance
- Planning for and auditing processes and controls across the company to ensure accuracy, completeness, effectiveness and reliability with limited
- Partnering with top management to understand their objectives, identify potential issues and the root causes.
- Exercising business judgment to prioritize and evaluate level of risks
- Preparing fact-based reports for management use and working with leadership on documenting action steps to reduce risk
- Presenting regular status updates to the business management
- Conducting specific privacy audits as needed, at the direction of Top Management
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with IT and Operations auditing, risk management, IT Compliance, Information security, IT program or project management, and/or
- software development.
- Experience auditing with open-source software tools and Atlassian products.
- Experience in Technology including data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral - this position is required to evaluate and communicate to top management potential deficiencies concerning the company’s IT controls in a persuasive, factual manner.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly grasp business needs and objectives.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with top management and individual teams and build credibility quickly.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing, rapid-growth, fun environment.
- Willingness to dive deep into your own audits combined with experience managing or collaborating on a team.
- Experience writing code, writing data queries, implementing technical solutions, or related skills learned from other IT related jobs.
- Broad technical and information security background
Required candidate level: Mid level
Job Type: Full Time
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a CV to [email protected] email address with a note of "IT Audit Specialist" in the subject line.